Finland & The Baltics: The Hidden Treasures of Europe
YOCJ is pleased to announce that we will be embarking on our 3rd overseas tour in the Summer of 2020: “Finland & The Baltics: The Hidden Treasures of Europe.” We will be performing and sightseeing in such locations as Helsinki, Finland; Riga, Latvia; and Tallin, Estonia. The history, culture, and love of classical music in these countries are rich and unparalleled. We once again will be led by the stellar team at Firebird Fine Arts Tours.
Online Tour Hotel Questionnaires due Sun. March 1st
Please click HERE to access our questionnaire for your hotel arrangements, due ASAP, or by Sun. March 1st at the latest.
A few things to remember:
- Each YOCJ student must complete the questionnaire.
- Each YOCJ conductor/staff must complete the questionnaire.
- One person from each family must complete the questionnaire, accounting for EVERY non-YOCJ member of their family.
- All YOCJ students will be rooming together in DOUBLE rooms.
- We have a limited number of TRIPLE rooms for families.
- SINGLES: Parents who are attending without their spouse, can request a single room status for the entire tour for an additional one-time payment of $280, made payable to YOCJ ASAP, or by Tues. April 28th with the final payment check at the latest. Single parents can also request to room with another single parent friend for the tour, to save on that fee.
Tour T-shirt Contest: designs due Tues. March 17th
We are excited to announce our traditional Tour T-shirt Design Contest! The deadline is TUESDAY MARCH 17th. All tour participants (both students and family members) will be receiving a blue complimentary T-shirt with the winning design on the back! (our YOCJ logo will be displayed on the front.) Details are as follows:
1. Only current YOCJ students who are participating in the tour, are eligible to enter the contest.
2. Submissions could be hand drawn and scanned in as a JPEG file or could be created on a computer and also submitted as a JPEG file.
3. The T-shirt itself will be blue, the blue shade of the Finland flag! Your design will be in black-and-white. See photos below as examples of the winning entries for the 2014 & 2017 tours.
4. An impartial panel made up of members from the YOCJ Board of Directors will select a design that they feel best represents YOCJ for our tour. Decisions will be final.
5. The final deadline will be Tuesday, March 17th.
Students, please feel free to peruse the itinerary for inspiration on your design! Past winning designs:
Remaining Deposits & Needed Documents
YOCJ tour registration is now officially closed.
Remaining deposits are due as follows:
*Tues. March 31st – Deposit #2 for newest registrants: $1000 each.
*Tues. April 28 – Final Deposit #3 for EVERYONE:
$900 per Regular Package participant
$500 per Land-Only participant
$280 per adult for those opting for single rooms (must designate on survey)
TBD fees for Extended Package participants
Updated passport photocopies, of information page only, must be submitted to YOCJ ASAP.
Foreign passport holder?
Firebird will provide Hotel & Airline confirmation letters ASAP. You must obtain a travel visa in time for the trip. Please submit photocopy of travel visa to YOCJ asap. Bring original visa and green card on the trip.
**Contact Mrs. Epps if you have any questions at: email@example.com
What is the itinerary for the 2020 Tour?
Click HERE for information on the:
2. Registration Information
3. Package Costs
4. Payment Schedule and more!
Did you miss the Firebird Presentation?
No worries! We distributed the itinerary (see above) and Firebird Fine Arts Tours presented this video: YOCJ’s 2020 Tour takes us to Finland & The Baltics: The Hidden Treasures of Europe. Enjoy the sights of Helsinki, Finland; Tallin, Estonia; and Riga, Latvia in this video montage created by Firebird Fine Arts Tours, our tour company! This footage is underscored by a selection we will learn for the tour, entitled “One Nation’s Story” by the Estonian composer, Jüri-Ruut Kangur. Maestro Kangur is also a distinguished conductor, who will work with YOCJ in a masterclass during the tour!
How often do we tour?
YOCJ travels overseas every 3 years. Our past destinations have been as follows:
2014: Salzburg, Vienna, & Esterhazy, Austria; Prague, Czech Republic
2017: Berlin, Leipzig, Potsdam, & Halle, Germany
2020: Helsinki, Finland; Tallin, Estonia; Riga, Latvia
Who is eligible to attend?
All YOCJ students in good standing, who are at least 12 years old at the time of the trip, and who are registered either for the Full year 2019-20 or Spring 2020 can register to perform with YOCJ. A unique feature of this tour is that we also welcome family members to register as well. It is a one-of-a-kind experience to tour all these historical sites, to watch your children interact with young native musicians from these countries, and to witness performances in beautiful foreign venues, all under the guidance of the experienced hands of the Firebird Fine Arts Tours!
Enjoy these scenic photos of our destinations!