YOCJ Celebrated 40 Years of Music and Youth in 2018
The Youth Orchestra of Central Jersey celebrated a milestone in 2018—our 40th anniversary! We are thrilled that our organization has a long, rich history of cultivating many forms of music making with the talented youth of our surrounding communities!
In honor of YOCJ’s 40th Anniversary, we held a “40 for 40” donation campaign. This campaign was designed to commemorate 40 years of youth making music as well as helping YOCJ continue to provide excellent musical opportunities, not found in schools, to the talented students of our area. YOCJ continues to offer outstanding programs designed to immerse its members in music. All “40 for 40” donors were recognized in the program booklets for the April and May 2018 concerts. Donations are the continuing programs are accepted year-round! How can you donate? Click HERE to donate on line via our PayPal link. Also, donations can be brought into rehearsals at WWPHS North or mailed to: YOCJ 19 Ginnie Lane, West Windsor NJ 08550
40th Anniversary Logo Contest
Congratulations to Samhita Ghosh, an 8th grade student from the Pro Arte Orchestra for her winning submission! Her logo was used on the program booklet, flyers, and invitations for the recital.
40th Anniversary Recital
was Sunday March 25, 3pm
Princeton Meadow Church
This event featured:
*The premiere of the Youth Orchestra of Central Jersey 40th Documentary!
*YOCJ Conductors, current & past: Dr. Jordan Smith, Phillip Pugh, Scott Collins, Dr. Alex Costantino, Brian Woodward, John Enz, & Dr. Richard Hodges
*YOCJ Alumni: Sophia Isnardi, Elizabeth Bellotti, Steven Ridge, Dr. Sara Bennett Wolfe
*Current YOCJ students: Raymond Jia, Lauren Cao, Crosby Davidson, & Arthur Kim
New Alumni Outreach!
The Youth Orchestra of Central Jersey is launching an effort to connect with alumni and would like to invite you to be a part of our celebration! There are several ways that you can be in contact with us so that we can keep you updated on this special year for our orchestra:
• FACEBOOK: The simplest way to stay in touch is to like and comment on our YOCJ Alumni Group Facebook page.
• UPDATE US: Please click HERE to fill out our important ALUMNI SURVEY! Also please share it!
You can also message us to update your contact information: email@example.com
• NETWORK: Please feel free to forward this link to other alumni you think would enjoy being a part of this group: https://yocj.org/concerts-events/40th-anniversary/
•TESTIMONY: Please let us know if we can use your “testimony” on our website or FaceBook page. We would be delighted to know the years you participated in YOCJ and any memories you have about being a part of our musical groups.
• ACCOMPLISHMENTS: We would like to know your musical endeavors and accomplishments after YOCJ. Have you received any awards? Did you continue to play in college? Do you perform professionally or teach?
Some of the highlights of this special season include:
• The 40th Anniversary Celebration Recital on Sunday March 25, 3pm, Princeton Meadow Church
• A special performance with the Symphonic Orchestra on Sun. Jan. 21, 7pm at Kendall Hall, TCNJ and Masterclass by Stanley Drucker, New York Philharmonic former Principal Clarinetist on Tues. March 13.
• A Rare Saxophone Demonstration by renowned saxophone historian and soloist Paul Cohen of Rutgers University on Tues. December 12, 8pm at WWPHSN Theater.