YOCJ has been providing outstanding opportunities for talented young musicians in Central Jersey since 1978.
YOCJ partners with HYS: Hurricane Harvey Fundraiser
We are looking to be an organization that gives back to our community, both locally and beyond! In response to the recent hurricanes, YOCJ will be partnering with the Houston Youth Symphony during the month of October to raise funds to replace student instruments that were lost or damaged by Hurricane Harvey. We will collect your contributions to make ONE large donation on behalf of all of us here at YOCJ! Here’s how you can join us ~ OCTOBER 10th – NOVEMBER 10th FUNDRAISER!
1. Simply WRITE A CHECK out to YOCJ, with “Hurricane Fundraiser” in the memo line. Bring to a rehearsal within the month or mail it to:
YOCJ • Hurricane Fundraiser • 19 Ginnie Lane • West Windsor NJ 08550
2. PLEDGE TO PRACTICE! Parents, what a fabulous way to inspire your children to practice AND for such a good cause! Click HERE to check out the Practice Pledge worksheet and have your children follow the simple instructions for the fundraiser!
3. YOCJ is exploring the idea of a short, local PERFORMANCE to raise funds. We’ll keep you posted on the details! YOCJ will announce the results of our Hurricane Fundraiser by mid-November! Stay tuned!
Boosters & Business Ad Forms
Calling all music supporters, friends, and YOCJ families!
BOOSTER FORMS: Click HERE. Give a shout out to your talented musicians in all our concert program booklets for only $10 each (a tax deductible contribution for our non-profit!)
BUSINESS AD FORMS: Click HERE: Your favorite business can place their ad in our program booklets!
• PREMIUM ADS: Outside Back Cover (color), Inside Front Cover (color), Inside Back Cover (color), and 2 Centerfolds (black & white). These go quickly!
• FACEBOOK “FEATURES” ~ for EVERY business that places ads in our booklet, we will actively feature your Ad JPG on our FACEBOOK page, that reaches 300+ families and friends!
• $10 GIFT CARDS ~ YOCJ Students, for every $100 of Ads you obtain for our booklets, you will receive a $10 gift card to places such as AMC, Rita’s, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Panera’s, and iTunes!
New York Philharmonic former Principal Clarinetist, Stanley Drucker to perform with YOCJ!
YOCJ is pleased to announce our 2017-18 Guest Soloist and Master Class Clinician for our 40th Anniversary Season: Stanley Drucker, New York Philharmonic former Principal Clarinetist! Mr. Drucker will be performing Carl Maria von Weber’s Clarinet Concerto No. 1 in F Minor with our Symphonic Orchestra, led by John Enz at our January 21, 2018, 7pm Winter Concert at TCNJ’s Kendall Hall. Stanley Drucker will also lead an interactive Woodwind Master Class at 7pm on Tuesday March 13, 2018 at West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North’s Theater. Please come join us for either or both of these events!
YOCJ is pleased to announce that Dr. Paul Cohen, renowned saxophone historian and soloist, will be giving a lecture and rare saxophone demonstration on Tuesday December 12th at 8pm in the West Windsor Plainsboro High School North Theater. This event is free and open to the public.
This is one of the easiest ways to show your support for our non-profit organization! Click HERE to start shopping on AmazonSmile and support YOCJ at the same time. AmazonSmile is a website that offers the same products and convenience as Amazon. The difference is that shopping on AmazonSmile means that the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate .5% of the purchase price towards any eligible charitable organization. Please consider doing your on-line shopping to help support our talented young musicians!
The Splash Reel (at very top left of our page) was masterfully crafted by Front Row Seat Productions, LLC